Thursday 4 April 2013

Getting Out the Portfolio

I would like to introduce a good friend of mine, she's very shy and so would like to remain nameless (for the time being, I'm sure when the fame gets to her head she'll reveal herself). Anyway I started drawing her just to encourage my cousin to do his own drawing but I grew quite attached to this character and carried it until the very end. She has that mannerism that you just can't help but admire. This is her:



This was also drawn on cartridge paper and I used water colours which gave me that blotchy texture similar to velvet. I didn't use a dip pen or bottled ink though simply because I thought I'd try something different. You can probably see how it's bled, damn that pen if only I had known it wasn't water proof! (I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt somewhere in that fable.) I didn't use a light box either, I just drew a draft in pencil and then marked over it. Of course you need to make sure that your rub any showing pencil marks before you start to add colour otherwise they'll still be visible at the end. If you want to try it then make sure that you use a good pen such as a Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen
 
If you have a question or just feel quite chatty then please feel free to leave a comment.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open for comments and will try to answer any questions that you may have. Any spam posted will be deleted. If you have any art blogs you would like to recommend then feel free to comment them below.